Our mission is to represent Manitoba seed growers within the professional seed system for the benefit of agriculture in Manitoba.
- To promote the value of our seed quality assurance system to producers and end users.
- To develop linkages with all levels of government and agriculture industry.
- To educate customers on the role of the pedigreed seed system in the development and transfer of advanced genetics.
- To develop programs to provide production, processing, and marketing information for Manitoba Seed Growers’ Association members to expand their knowledge and profitability to their pedigreed seed enterprises.
- To facilitate the responsible transfer of plant genetics and seed technologies from the plant breeder to the commercial farmer.
In the development of policy and direction for the association, the Board should be guided by what is in the best interests of Manitoba’s seed growers.
Board Of Directors
Tracy Court | Director
Eric McLean | National Director
Oak River, MB
Chami Amarasinghe Ph.D | CSGA and MSGA Advisor
Research & Development Specialist Ag Genetics
536 Stephen Street